The back-to-school/fall clothing lines are in the stores and, believe it or not, it’s a good time to buy a sweater.
I have a couple of sweaters that are looking worn out, but that doesn’t necessarily mean I’m going to get rid of them when I buy a new one. In fact, sweaters are great for recycling–there are tons of things you can do with them.
Just as a sample, here are 10 projects you can do with an old sweater:
1. Make Fingerless Gloves. This is my own tutorial (pictured above) for making a pair of fingerless gloves out of a sweater.
2. Unravel the sweater for yarn and knit something new.
5. Turn the sweater into a wine cozy because, why not?
7. Sew a plush stuffed animal, like these cashmere bunnies.
9. And while you’re at it, make a hat too.
10. Or save a lot of sweaters and turn them into a blanket.
How have you recycled a old sweater?